< Previous | Scrollable Story | Thumbnails | Homepage | Magyarul |

The PKP ED160 001 b seen at Katowice

The PKP ED160 001 b seen at Katowice photo

Author: Takács Bence
Captured at: 2015:12:27 21:19:00

729 views

High quality picture

Map:
térkép
PicID: 21586
Tags: Katowice 1001 1002 1006 1007 1018 ED160 Lengyelország motorvonat Flirt wedgie

Katowice lies in the centre of Polish railway history - when the country was still cut in three by the Prussian, Habsburg and Russian empires, the first railway line in present-day Poland was built in1842, connecting Breslau (Wroclaw) and Brzeg, later to be extended to Gliwice and on to Austria. The second railway line of Russia was the standard-gauge Warszawa - Vienna Railway built between 1845-1848, originally reaching Bohumín through Prussia and only later got a connection completely through Austrian territories. The Krakau - Upper Silesian Railway was built to connect Krakow to Prussia and the Emperor Ferdinand North Railway to connect Vienna to Bohumín, reaching Krakow without using Prussian rails only in 1856.

New albums:

 

Photo by Takács Bence

Copyright 2005-2024. www.benbe.hu. Railway photography gallery of Takács Bence.

About the authors