< Previous | Scrollable Story | Thumbnails | Homepage | Magyarul |

The depot of the Höllentalbahn at Hirschwang, Austria

The depot of the Höllentalbahn at Hirschwang, Austria photo

Author: Takács Bence
Captured at: 2020:06:28 11:02:57

17 views

High quality picture

Map:
térkép
PicID: 23920
Tags: Hirschwang 219 Höllentalbahn Ausztria kisvasút

Originally the material railway was built with a temporary, 3 m high catenary. As the line was converted into a local railway the overhead wires were completely rebuilt and to a greater height. The three locomotives used were similar to those used in mines and came from the construction of the Karawanken-tunnel, a railway tunnel between the regions of Carinthia and Carniola (currently: Jesenice, Slovenia). The locomotives were modified for the higher overhead wire and served the paper mill built by the forestry with 24 freight cars acquired from the military narrow-gauge railways (Heeresfeldbahnen). Some time later, for the purpose of tourist traffic, two railcars and four trailers were bought from the Grazer Waggonfabrik; timetabled passenger services started in September, 1926.

New albums:

 

Photo by Takács Bence

Copyright 2005-2020. www.benbe.hu. Railway photography gallery of Takács Bence.

About the authors