< Previous | Scrollable Story | Thumbnails | Homepage | Magyarul |

The narrow-gauge station under construction at Gmünd

Photo by: Takács Bence
Captured at: 2013:12:01 10:39:36

487 views

Map:
térkép
PicID: 14252
Tags: Stations

The Franz-Josefs-Bahn from Vienna to Gmünd (with connection to Prague over Budweis) was opened in 1870. The double-track railway lost its secnd track outside Absdorf-Hippersdorf between 1959 and 1967. REX trains with double-decker cars and to Sigmundsherberg, S-Bahn trains with class 4020 EMUs offer most of the services. There are many branch lines connecting, but only one, the Kamptalbahn to Krems is still in use.

Photo by Takács Bence

Copyright 2005-2014. www.benbe.hu. Railway photography gallery of Takács Bence.

About the authors